It’s a very exciting time for me, since the new album will be out on Tuesday and we’ll be playing our CD release show a week from tonight. We’re taking digital pre-orders here and physical CD orders here. It’s hard to quantify how much different this feels than when the first album came out in October, 2010. Metaphorically speaking, I created and released that thing in the dark dead of night. Nobody knew I was making it, and I just sort of flung it out into the world without any plans or expectations. This time around, I’m extremely thankful that I’m not going it alone — that Kurt and Jody are in this boat with me — and that somehow people got a hold of the first album and liked it enough to express interest in this one. So thank you.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! If you’re excited about the album and have a favorite music blog you read regularly, please do us a huge favor and reach out to them on their Facebook pages or blogs and tell them they need to hear and cover the new Sci-Fi Romance record. If you write to them, they will listen.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the early reviews of the record:
- Hear, Hear! called the record “honest folk-pop in its rawest glory.”
- Popa’s Tunes called it “killer music and commentary on man and technology” and is doing a special pre-release stream of the album here, so you can listen to the whole thing.
- Screaming at the Wall wrote that “If you have any sort of ear for indie-folk and you’re looking for something that stands out, Sci-Fi Romance’s “The Ghost of John Henry” will not disappoint.”
- Team Hellions called it “the best album of the year you haven’t heard yet.
- And The Mad Mackerel posted our video for “Broken World,” calling the song, along with our track “Steam Drill Blues” “outstanding.”
Thank you so much to the writers who have given us an early listen and posted about the record. We’re really flattered and humbled by the reviews.
Stay tuned. Next week, the album arrives. Until then, here are a couple of tracks you can download for free if you haven’t yet.
can't wait! cool rail nails and album cover art!
This album nails it to the tracks, wishing Vance, Kurt and Jody great success with it.